Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Knitting and stitching show

Fabric purchases 
I spent a wonderful long weekend at the Knitting and Stitching Show in Harrogate last weekend. I went along with my two sisters. The fabrics above are a mixture of silk (the light coloured plain fabrics) and quilting cottons for a project I really must complete after I finish writing this piece.
vintage lace pieces and broken bracelet - charity shop finds
We visited my favourite charity shop which sells craft bits and pieces. It was here that I found one of my two pieces of silk in the photo shown above. Then I was lucky enough to find two rather interesting pieces of vintage lace and some gorgeous bits from a broken bracelet.
Show purchases
A vintage pattern, water soluble fabric, and other bits and pieces from the show. The single ball of wool is actually one of ten which I got in a large bag from the Black Sheep stand. I haven't yet decided on the pattern to be used for this yarn. It feels wonderful and is a mix of 20% alpaca with acrylic.
Collection of Wonderfil embroidery threads
I added to my stash of Wonderfil threads whilst at the show. The Aurifil stand was selling bags of 50 threads for an amazing £30. I just had to bring a bag home with me. The collection of colours has really helped to develop the range I have ready to use.
Sewing a quilted bag
I have started a new project which I really must get finished quickly since it is a present I must hand over tomorrow evening. It is a quilted bag. I shall post photos and explain more about it next time.

No comments: