Monday, September 25, 2017

Working to meet deadlines, but not always succeeding

Completed Owlish adult size fingerless mittens
The first of my completed challenges - this one was two days overdue. These were finished today when they should have been completed on Saturday. Ooops. I have apologised to the designer. I had got it stuck in my head that they were supposed to be ready for this coming Friday.

One lesson learned - remember to write the deadlines down, adding them to my to do list.

Teddies for tragedies - completed
I have also finished four teddies and their bags ready to be handed over for the Teddies for Tragedies charity. My copy of the pattern has been taken by my younger daughter who fancies making some of these herself.

Free machine embroidery in progress

This next deadline is another one which I fear I am destined not to meet. The MEG Colour Challenge is due to be shown at our next meeting this coming Friday. (I wonder if that is why I was convinced the mittens had to be completed on the same day.)

MEG Colour challenge in progress
It has all become rather more complex than I originally intended. The free machined piece is hidden on the bottom right hand corner. It took me three days to complete. The tree to the left is only pinned in place and needs to be ironed on and then free machine embroidered to add texture. Those three rings are embroidery hoops holding pieces which have yet to be embroidered. There is a further, larger element on the bottom left which also needs work to start. It will have to wait until the tree is in place. Unfortunately, my two larger embroidery hoops already have pieces waiting. I really could do with extra hands and a more realistic attitude to what can be achieved in the time available.  Actually, no. I really don't believe that last statement. I think I'm better just making whatever it is I want to make, even if it does sometimes end up taking longer than it should.

These next two photos show the goodies I bought at the World Textile Day event in Frodsham on Saturday. The fabrics are destined for a bag (or even two) which I have in mind. The buttons were so nice I really couldn't leave without them. The wooden print blocks too. That sheep image will have pride of place in my Pinfold book once that challenge is complete.



The musical polar fleece was found in Abakhan last week when I went to Sew Cool, the sewing group which meets twice a month in Chester. It is a lovely group, very supportive, which caters for my interest in dressmaking. I couldn't decide which pattern to use. I really think that the shape of the Cotton and Chalk design - The Waterfall Jacket with a hood, would be an interesting design to make. It is lined, and I do have some interlock cotton which would be suitable if I have enough of it.


Unfortunately, I really don't think I have enough time left in my life for a knitting group. Though sharing my passion for yarn would be nice.....


My next knitted project will be a cardigan. This yarn, an acrylic, was found in Aldi and should make a really cosy garment. I haven't quite decided on the design yet. Though, that said, I really like "Mercy" by Drops Design.

I'd better get back to the sewing machine.

No comments: