Monday, April 23, 2012

Exhibitions, photos and the rain.


On Saturday I went to Pinfold's Tenth Anniversary Exhibition. Sorry, I couldn't take any photos in the exhibition itself. It was really good with a wide variety of techniques - both embroidery and quilt-based. They are a very talented group, based in the South Cheshire area.


One of the members had put together wonderful inspiration bags - pieces of indigo dyed fabrics with thread , beads and ribbon. I just couldn't resist.


 Then today I went out to take some photos in the village. My friend Hilary and I have challenged each other to take photos on a specific day every month. I'm not sure what we will do with the photos, mine are of a certain field and I take my pictures on the 23rd of each month. We started in January. The following photos are ones I took today. They sky was amazing - really black clouds and full of rain.


This first photo was taken from my back door and shows the top of my garden gate and a neighbour's house. I just loved the colour of the new leaves on the tree against the deep grey of the sky.


The trees around the cenotaph are just coming in to full leaf.


The blossom is so pretty.


 I don't know what type of tree this is. The leaves were such a delicate shade of green. The sky was growing darker all the time.


Turning back to the house, the heavens opened. It was well worth getting wet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I love taking photos just because. And I had to look up cenotaph. Hope you're having a great start to the week!

Mandy said...

I'm having an interesting time of it this week - not enough sewing.... Still, the weather is good outside and I feel another printing session really ought to happen today.