Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Getting things finished.

Well, its the Half Term Holiday. A useful time to try and get some things finished.



So far. I have managed to get three items completed.





The first of these is a hat. I knitted it for my younger daughter to replace a hat she accidentally felted. The poor felted hat is shown at the top of this post.



Knitted in Sublime extra fine merino wool double knitting, I really hope she does not manage to felt this one too. It was a most enjoyable knit and only took three days to complete. The design is "Felicity" by Ebony Butterfly.


The next completed item is a felted bag which I started some time ago and then managed to lose the pattern.





I finished these funny squiggly bits the day before yesterday, then promptly lost the last of the yarn! What is it with this design? I keep losing bits and have to go searching the house for them. I found the scrap of yarn this afternoon when I was looking for something else. So now they are safely stitched onto the front of the bag.




The last thing to be finished was the first of my Nutkin socks. I have already started the second sock.

I recently bought myself some new needles. The first ones were so I could finish the hat for my daughter Rosemary. I just didn't have circular needles in the right size. So I sent off for some Addi bamboo needles and saw these:



Knit Picks dpns in a size I don't have........... I couldn't resist.
This may not seem very exciting if you are from the USA, but Knit Picks needles have only just arrived in the UK.
Now to get on with some needlework for a change. I won't bore you with the list of items I really need to get on with. Its embarrassingly long!

1 comment:

Marco Reis said...

I like the contrast of yout photo themes!
Visit my blog too!