Sunday, April 01, 2007

Knitting

I must be mad, but I've started knitting again..........

I found myself listening to a really interesting podcast by a male knitter from Australia:

http://www.sticksandstring.com.au/

Its well worth a listen.

Unfortunately, I have now got back into knitting once more. For me knitting is addictive, once I start I cannot stop until I run out of wool or finish the project.

I do have one knitting UFO (UnFinished Object). This was started a couple of years ago. Its a Jaegar pattern called "Hattie" and should have been a cardigan rather a long time ago. The yarn is Jaegar Trinity in a shade I would call light jade.



I got bored, so didn't finish it. I got to half way up the right front, having completed the back and left front. One day I shall get back to it.

I don't know what I am knitting at the moment, at present it is a collection of 4" squares which I shall probably knit or crotchet together to make either a scarf or a shawl. I'm making it up as I go along......... The yarn is the polyester yarn shown at the top, alongside some of the completed squares.

One thing that has got me really thinking is the idea of going green - using more ecologically sensitive yarns, threads and the like. This was the topic of one part of David's podcast (http://www.sticksandstring.com.au/) today. Neither of the yarns I have could be called green. One is polyester and the Jaegar Trinity uses silk, cotton and polyamide! I think I have rather a long way to go before I can consider myself truly green.

No comments: