Thursday, November 09, 2006

Red, black and white.

Its been rather too long since I last added to this Blog. Sorry to those of you who drop by hoping to find something new. Work has been getting in the way just lately.
Never mind, I recently finished the ninth block of the Red, White and Black quilt. It was nice playing about with the blocks and trying out what they might look like when I finally put them together. The sashing will be red, unless I find it doesn't work as well I hope it will.
The final three blocks are now cut and ready to sew, but will have to wait for a few days more. I am helping out at the Cranford exhibition this Saturday, so won't have much time to sew this weekend. Never mind, it will be a lovely day with friends. I might even find the right red for the sashing I need.



These are the completed blocks for the quilt - nine of the final twelve.



These are nine of the blocks made for the backing, just to give a feel of what it may look like. The sashing here may be red or even black, rather than white. The red from the front would show through too much.

No comments: